Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Same Time Next Year...Deja Vu?

Well, we (TDN riders) are all in agreement once again this spring...we have had no SPRING! Same as last year. Many were nervous we didn't get in enough training before the Tour de Nebraska at the end of June. Luckily, the route last year wasn't as challenging as the year before (my opinion).

This year, we are experiencing the same weather. Cool, windy, rainy. It's mid May and where I should have in several long rides, I'm finding few days where I can get in a 15- or 20-miler here and there. My sister and I rode to Cortland a week ago, and I was a little tired the following day. Usually that wouldn't bother me. I'm a fair weather rider, not like the NOA!

I'll ride the Nacho Ride tonight, 20 miles round trip to Eagle and back. I'm sure I will see some TDN riders out there. I'm already weenie-ing looking outside at the 15-20 mph breeze. The TDN will be more challenging this year, as the course is hilly. So I'd better pull up my big girl pants and brave the elements.

Oh, and did I really see this right?  Maybe we should take this on the Nacho Ride!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online