Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pain and Suffering at the Nacho Ride

Felt great to go out on the "practice" Nacho Ride last night. Officially, the Nacho Ride will start next Tuesday, May 4, 5-6 p.m. at MoPac Trailhead on 84th. Great time, leisurely ride! My son and friend John arrived at the One-Eyed Dog Saloon by two-wheelers and ordered our meals and beverages. Enjoyed visiting with the Nebraska Outdoor Addict, except that he TOOK MY PICTURE! Shriek!

The pain and suffering wasn't from the fact that I taught my spinning class at noon, then Nacho Rode to Eagle and back after work (oh and 2 Coronas :-)...no, it was from the complete and total butt-kicking my son and I received from our friend John as a result of our cribbage game! Talk about a skunk! We'll be back, John, we'll be back.

You don't realize how long of a winter it really was until your tire hits that first bit of crushed rock on MoPac. You smell the spring breeze, then a skunk, then that spring breeze... and realize how much you missed it. I will also say that I'm glad I took a chance last year in checking out this "Nacho Ride" thing I'd heard about... I'm meeting new bikers and enjoying the company of those who also enjoy two-wheeling.

The poll on the Nacho Ride website asks what is your favorite thing about the ride? One of the answers is "Riding back in the dark when you forgot your light." Well, we got to somewhat experience that one first hand. We maneuvered our way back, didn't have too tough of a time as we were saved by my $2 cheapie bike light. Good news is daylight is getting longer, which means I can take more time planning my attack during the cribbage game.

I'll keep the light on the bike for now. Just hope next week we don't actually run over that skunk.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online