Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend Ride & Nachos on Tuesday

I decided to take the trail as far as I could this weekend, around the city of Lincoln. It was a good ride, 30+ miles, give or take a few getting lost or off trail. I personally don't think the trails are marked very well, and I took my map out of my bike bag. Called the 15-yr-old to help me find a close trail. Ended up ok.

Was sad to cross Cornhusker Hwy/27th trail under the bridge to find a man sitting there drinking. It kind of made me nervous because I had read about the woman who was attacked on one of the trails by a man who is still at large. The guy had bottles all around him, and looked in a state of despair, head in hands. Reminds us to be thankful for what we have and that maybe our problems aren't so bad.

I am excited that my sister and I will finally be able to go on the Nacho Ride tomorrow! We keep planning to go but one or the other has had a kid event or something keeping us from going. Looks to be great weather. Nacho Ride is weekly ride out to the One Eyed Dog Saloon in Eagle, about 20 mile round trip. Biker special each week. Should be fun. Last week I think they had 85 participants. Looking forward to it!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online