Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lei'd Out at the Nacho Ride


What a great time we had last night at the Nacho Ride! When my sister and I met at Mo-Pak trailhead, there was a guy handing out leis. I knew this was going to be a good time.

10 miles out to Eagle, Neb., beautiful weather, lovely scenery, lots of rabbits... oh ya, and one snake. I'm going to guess around 70+ people at the One-Eyed Dog Saloon? More coming in as we were heading back to Lincoln. What a great time! I loved everyone's participation in the Hawaiian theme night, especially the people in the grass skirts.

Was nice to finally meet my fellow blogger/rider: Nebraska Outdoor Addict. Hopefully we will get to visit at one of the rides... so many people! What a blast.

I have invited a co-worker/rider to the Nacho Ride as well as MAYBE my husband will be joining us!?! You felt the earth move, right? Anything that involves beer. His motivator.

The bummer is, I was lei'd out (insert laugh here) by a flat tire. We made it to 148th and had to call the rescue pickup (Marc) to pick up the sisters.

I'm sure we will be able to meet some of the other riders...I recognized several from the Tour de Nebraska.

At least we got to the festivities before the blow out. The Coronas were ultra cold, and the nachos/tacos hit the spot. We will definitely be back, friends in tow!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online