Monday, November 9, 2009

The Learning Curve for a Techie: Bang Head Here


Ugh. I got a new toy=the Motorola DROID. Yes, UGH. It's the 'iPhone killer'... 'Most powerful and fastest to date...' 'flashy'... I should be having fun...but no! I HATE the learning curve. Please email, just sync. Calendar...why won't you show up in my gmail calendar? What the heck is the server name? Set up favorites, where is my speed dial? How the hell do I scroll? Oh ya...touch screen. Truly, if you're not a technical person and are over the age of 40, be prepared to ask for assistance. I refuse!

I remember two yrs ago when I got the Blackberry I hated it! But...you figure it out and become used to it. It becomes every day. I suppose this little item will too. But I have learned something with the DROID: It is a DEVICE first, a phone second. It does everything but your laundry. Cool stuff. Cool apps. I just want to make a frikkin phone call. Hated SureType, now miss it. Gotta get used to QWERTY again.

So far I've discovered lots of cool apps. I can play a mean game of cribbage. Have set up all my RSS feeds, integrates with Facebook, even has an app that is a bar code scanner. Yup use the camera to scan a bar code and then do a product search, just to make sure you're not getting took buying that new appliance from Home Depot when it's cheaper at Lowes. I've been told it even has a retinal scanner so that you can custom lock your phone, unlocking with eye recognition. I love technology...WHEN IT IS ALL SET UP!!!!

Well folks, the jury is still out. I'm sure I will report back that this is the neato gadget and I'm completely engulfed. Look me up in December. Beam me up, Scotty...or at least fwd a few weeks past this learning curve! Hopefully in a short time I will have become comfortable and can show off my toy in a knowledgeable manner! Until then, I probably won't be replying with my usual lightening speed. UGH. Bang Head Here.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online