Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Long day to Jamaica! (And I'm not talking about the Lincoln trail!)

Well, we finally got to Jamaica... ya the country! We got up at 3:30 a.m. to be in Omaha for a 6:10 flight. Got to Memphis. Supposed to board at 9:30. Delay until 10 a.m. Boarded. Then something was wrong with the altimeter. Deplane. Then they said they had another plane in route for us.... at 1 p.m.!!! So we slept on the chairs in the airport. It has been a LONG day. Once we got here and thru customs, we had a 1.5 hr bus trip to the resort. Jamaica is a poor country, boy, you just kind of realize how blessed you are to even have curbing on your roads. We got here in the dark, so we haven't really 'seen' the landscape. But I did stick my toes in the ocean. The sand is PURE WHITE. Not a bit of seaweed or anything but pure moist sand. Water fairly warm. Will see what it's like in the morning.

Our friends, however, had been on the "sunset cruise" which meant booze cruise. They were looped when we got here! Oh, old people having fun. I'm off to bed. Maybe tomorrow I'll be glad I'm here after I'm rested!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online